October 1-8, 2022
Hosted by: Rich
Day 1 – Leave Los Angeles and fly to Turkey.
Day 2 – Arrive in Istanbul, transfer to hotel. (D)
Day 3 – Visit Istanbul. See St. Sophia church, Hippodrome, Archaeological Museum, and the Blue Mosque. Overnight in Izmir (ancient Smyrna)(B,D)
Day 4 – Visit the Acropolis at Pergamum (Revelation 2:12-17). Also see Thyatira
(Revelation 2:18-28) and Smyrna (Revelation 2:8-11). Overnight near Sardis. (B,D)
Day 5 – Visit Sardis (Revelation 3:1-6), Philadelphia (Revelation 3:7-13), and Laodicea (Revelation 3:14-22. Overnight in Hierapolis (modern Pamukkale). (B,D)
Day 6 – Visit Hierapolis (Colossians 4:13), and Miletus (site of Paul’s meeting with the Ephesian elders, Acts 20). Overnight near Ephesus. (B,D)
Day 7 – Visit Ephesus (Revelation 2:1-7). In Ephesus, we will visit the Archaeological site as well as the Basilica of St. John. (B,D)
Day 8 – Return to Los Angeles.
Tour Costs- Land only: $1900*
Based on double occupancy. It is an additional $160 for a single supplement.
What is Included:
1. An opportunity for the Bible to come alive as we see the sights mentioned in
Revelation and other New Testament passages. There will be a brief Biblical message at each sight.
2. An opportunity to see what God is doing in the country of Turkey. We will visit with two or three Turkish pastors to gain a better understanding of how to pray for the country.
3. All travel within the country, guide, driver, motorcoach, entrance fees, hotels (6 nights), airport transfers, all breakfasts and dinners, and round trip flight from Istanbul to Izmir.
What is not Included:
1. Roundtrip Airfare from LAX to Istanbul – currently around $1000
2. A visa must be purchased prior to entry into Turkey. It is currently $20.
3. Lunches, bottled water, and other personal purchases.
4. Tips for Guide and Driver - $85 total